|MIT Tech Review (7/11/2013). |
Israel’s Military-Entrepreneurial Complex Owns Big Data.
By contrast, in the US, tightly knit entrepreneurial teams form in college dorms, labs, and high-tech workplaces. Working at the edge of technology is another critical ingredient for success. As a result, the startup team has the following essential characteristcs:MIT Tech Review: Each year, Israel’s military puts thousands of teenagers through technical courses, melds them into ready-made teams, and then graduates them into a country that attracts more venture capital investment per person than any in the world.
- - tech frontier proximity
- - alertness to opportunity
- - motivation (competitive drive)
- - focus on getting things done
- - high skills
- - high challenge (facing difficult open-ended problems)
- - connections necessary to recruit talent and obtain financing (network)
- - low costs
- - reputation for getting things done (see esp. p.4)
|Scalable Innovation. Fig 2.2. System Diagram.|